Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Filtrete Yourself to Better Water

We have rural water, which I think is by far better than city water, but still there are times I think it's got a whang. Yes, whang is a real word. Just ask anyone in Oklahoma. I have recently started drinking more water - a LOT more water. I feel better and lost five pounds within the first two weeks. Of course, when you're pushing 128 ounces of water through yourself every day it would only make sense you'd flush out something. But I was having a hard time making myself drink with that whang.

When water filtration pitchers came out several years ago and were all the rage, of course we got one. And while the water tasted good it took sooooo long for the water to trickle through the filter. Granted, I don't live a jetset lifestyle or anything, but I like convenience and instant gratification is always so.... gratifying. Eventually we sold the pitcher in a garage sale and have just tolerated the occasional whang in the water.

When Mom Central offered the opportunity to try Filtrete's Water Pitcher with a "fast flow filter" I was curious. I thought Filtrete just made furnace filters. I know, I know. I live a sheltered life. When UPS delivered the box I couldn't get to the sink quick enough. I washed it and called the family in to watch. "Fast flow" is the absolute truth! I couldn't believe how instantly the water went into the pitcher. We all had cups of tap water, followed by the filtered water. It tastes like bottled water - no aftertaste at all. And it makes my sweet tea tastes just like Sonic's. I mean, I make really good sweet tea (no joke, ask anyone who's had it - I'm a sweet tea guru!) but it's even better now with my Filtrete pitcher.

Filtrete's pitcher has a 12-cup capacity, so not only does it filter five times faster than other pitchers, it holds more as well. The sleek design is easy to handle and pour and fits in the fridge without taking up too much space. Ours sits on the counter most of the time, though. When you drink 128 ounces of water every day, it kind of needs to be convenient. I definitely utilitize my pitcher to it's fullest. Each of the Filtrete fast flow filters filter up to 100 gallons before needing to be changed and they figure it will take about three months for that to happen. I'm pretty sure mine will need to be changed sooner than that, but thanks to the handy filter change indicator right on the filter I'll know when it's time.

Check out the Filtrete website and check out all of their products. There are also promotions, money-saving offers you can take advantage of while you're there.

I highly recommend giving this pitcher a try - I also recommend drinking more water. :-) Seriously. Filtrete yourself.





Big thanks to Mom Central for the opportunity to try this great product!



“I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Filtrete and received the water pitcher to facilitate my candid review.”

No comments: